Things to Do at Jaguar Reef Lodge
A Variety of Activities Awaits You
At Jaguar Reef Lodge the variety of activities is almost endless but here are some of the activities that our guests seem to enjoy the most:
- Relax under a palm tree on a beach hammock with a good book
- Fly through the jungle canopy on Belize’s longest and most exciting zip line
- Hike with us through the towering rainforests of the Cockscomb Basin watching for birds, monkeys and foot prints of the elusive Jaguar
- Snorkel or scuba dive amongst thousands of brightly coloured fish and amazing coral formation on the Belize Barrier Reef
- Try you hand at fishing for the many varieties of fish in the area
- Hop on a glass bottom kayak and head down the coast watching for coral and fish
- Go back in time thousands of years by visiting one of the many Mayan Ruins in the area
- Take a bicycle into the nearby village of Hopkins where the locals will welcome you and make you feel almost like family!
- Join one of our expert birding guides early in the morning and see many of the hundreds of bird species in the area including parrots, toucans and parakeets
- Visit the local drumming center and learn about the many traditions and customs of the Garinagu people
- Explore the nearby Sittee River on a kayak, watching for Manatees, birds, bats and many other animal species
- Lay by one of our pools and catch some rays. You will love our tiki bar and our friendly bartenders will provide you your favorite drinks!
- Wander along our seven miles of white sandy beach which International Living Magazine called “the finest beach in Central America”.
- Rent a golf cart and explore the local villages of Hopkins and Sittee River
- Get a group together for a fun game of beach volleyball
- Treat yourself to a massage, manicure, pedicure or one of the many other aesthetic services at our Butterflies Spa
- Negotiate a great deal for some hand made jewelry from the Mayan Indians who can usually be found under the big Almond tree on the beach